Monday, October 10, 2011

Oceanside

Vacation is always fun, especially the lazy mornings. The second morning we were there, Nick decided that it would be a lot of fun to lick my face... he really enjoyed this activity.

Later that day, we drove down to visit Uncle Fred, Heather and Abuelo in Oceanside. This is one of my favorite beaches that I've been to on the Oregon coast - it has these huge rock formations that jut up out of the water. There was unseasonably warm weather while we were there - it was probably in the mid-80s. There were also great tide pools on the beach, which Nick and the rest of the kids loved.
The brave members of our family put on wet suits and went boogie boarding in the ocean (I was not among the brave... brrrr!)
Nick loved being pulled on the boogie board by Cheyenne... okay he just plain loved Cheyenne, she was so great with him.


Cousin Jeremy got in on the boogie board action too and enjoyed playing with "baby Nick" as well.
Nick is seriously a beach bum, at the age of 2.5. I see a lot of beach vacations in our future, which is fine with me!

The Hansen clan at Uncle Fred's house in Oceanside

No comments:

Post a Comment